- About Us
- Our Partners
- Markets & Products
- Contact Us
You are here
LS9’s Macro-market value drivers
The key factors that influence the macro market for LS9’s target fuels and chemicals:
- Crude oil price, volatility and sustainability questions
- Natural oil (Palm Soy) price, volatility and sustainability questions
- The demand for sustainable end-use products
- Government policies addressing fuels and climate change
- Product supply and demand in specific industries
- The integration and consolidation of various industries
LS9 believes that these factors, although volatile and difficult to predict in the short term, are inevitably trending in a direction that increases the need for LS9’s technology and product solutions.
LS9’s Value Proposition
LS9’s specific value proposition lies in five major advantages:
Lower overall costs and greater cost stability
Over the last 5-10 years LS9’s raw materials are actually lower than crude oil and oleochemical process raw materials. Our production scheme is simpler and more direct and should yield capital and operating costs advantages. Finally our raw materials should generally have lower volatility than current production processes.
The same ‘reactor’ can be used to process a variety of raw materials into a wide array of products. This is quite unique compared to traditional refining and petrochemical processes and plants.
LS9 can produce specific, dedicated, large volumes for new uses with sustainable/green drivers, such as:
- Non-phthalate plasticizers
- Polymer comonomers for green plastics
- Biodegradable surfactants
LS9 also can biodirectly produce high-value downstream chemical derivatives which generally require multiple reactor schemes in current chemical industry operations.
Unique, new materials
Our platform technology is also enabling the production of unique, new or heretofore very limited chemical products. We believe these materials will provide new opportunities in both our current target markets as well as markets such as health care and pharmaceuticals.